Friday, May 24, 2013

Introducing our Guest Blogger - Style guru Andree Latibeaudiere!

We've partnered with fabulous stylist Andree Latibeaudiere to get some great advice on how to perfect the look when getting dressed up! We're really excited about it and thought we'd get the lovely girl herself to write a few words to introduce herself before getting stuck in..........


 

Hi everyone! 

I’m so excited to be collaborating with Fancy Dress Fanatics for blogs, upcoming photo shoots, events and style guides, all to celebrate the launch of the Bristol store and the online shop, so don’t forget to check out the website for more details. Before we get into the exciting stuff, I thought I’d tell you a little about myself and my fashion background.

My obsession with the fashion industry dates back to the nineties, when I grew up on MTV’s House of Style and religiously followed the escapades of  fashion journalist Tim Blanks as he flew to different fashion weeks around the world (via the magic of television, of course). Fashion has and will always represent an escape, a fantasy and a dream. In 2012 I made this dream a reality by striking out on my own to produce the first fashion show promoting young designers and boutiques, especially those with a sustainable view of fashion. Since then, I have produced two further shows for the youth charity, the Station:’ Ssh...The Station starts here’ launch weekend in October 2012 and the ‘Fashion Fridays’ show in March 2013.

This year was my first chance to work with young people and I was the lead fashion tutor for ‘Fashion Fridays’ course at the Station, which was the first course to provide young people (especially those not in work or training) with an industry overview between secondary school and university. The course covered a variety of topics including life drawing, pattern cutting and indigo dyeing and had an emphasis on eco-fashion and sustainability.

I’ve also styled various photo shoots and contributed to Clifton Life magazine for Fair trade Fortnight for an editorial which hopefully showed the glamourous side of ethical clothing. I was the official stylist for Bristol Vintage Fair, which meant meeting loads of people, offering advice on clothing choices and eating far too many cupcakes!

I’d describe my personal style as tomboyish, trendy with a hint of glamour and I love menswear inspired pieces, vintage dresses and quirky accessories.

Next up for me is the launch event for this year’s Big Green week called ‘Fare Fashion’ on June 15 which is a combination of an exhibition entitled ‘Fashion’s Dirty Secret’, two speakers, a two course meal and a fashion show. If you have an interest in ethical fashion visit http://biggreenweek.com/session/farefashion-big-green-week-launch-party/ for more information!

See you all soon!




1 comment:

  1. I am huge fan of Fancy Dress Fanatics, I adore their awesome range of unique clothing. Andree Latibeaudiere, looks promising, hope to see her amazing costumes in the near future.

    ReplyDelete